Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of 18th July 2013
Present: Geoff Holdcroft, Barry Vince, Ezra Leverett, Richard Perkins, Stefan Ganther, Paul Andrews Bradley, Chris Chestnut, Ruth Summers.
The meeting opened at 7.05 pm.
Under Article 11.7 of the Trust’s Articles of association SG proposed that, in the absence of a Chairman following the resignation of Alan Coombes, GH be invited to chair the meeting. This was seconded by EL. GH agreed to chair the meeting.
1. Apologies for absence were received from Jenni Livingstone, Andrew Derrick, Brian Johnson, Patrick Nicholls and Robert Scrimgeour.
2. Minutes of last year’s AGM: GH confirmed that new trustees are not yet registered. EL proposed that minutes should be adopted and this was seconded by PAB.
3. Chairman’s report – Received.
4. Accounts for 2012 – 13
Resolution 1: SG proposed that unaudited accounts should be received and this was seconded by RP.
Resolution 2: BDO have taken over PKF, so the offer of free auditing has been withdrawn. RP suggested that Lovewell Blake could be asked to audit. EL suggested Matthew Waters of Lovewell Blake.
RP stated that it ought to be possible to avoid bank charges by changing bank. HSBC, Co-op Barclays or Unity unlikely to charge and might pay interest.
5. Election of Chairman: PAB nominated by EL and seconded by SG. PAB then took over as chair of the AGM and thanked GH.
6. Election of Trustees: GH explained that according to the Trust’s Articles of Association a third of Trustees should stand down and these should be the longest standing Trustees. As Alan Coombes had already stood down, GH proposed that GH and AD should stand down.
RP then proposed that PAB should be elected and GH and AD re-elected and this was seconded by EL.
GH agreed to continue as Secretary/Treasurer.
The Trust now consists of the following duly elected Trustees:
Paul Andrews Bradley – Chairman
Geoff Holdcroft – Secretary and Treasurer
GH pointed out that a third co-signatory was required, to replace Alan Coombes, alongside BV and GH. SG proposed that PAB become the third co-signatory, seconded by EL.
GH offered to look into finding an alternative bank for the Trust’s account. RP suggested looking into the various deals available, eg Unity, Barclays and Co-op will all pay interest. GH would prefer to avoid Co-op Bank. EL proposed that the three signatories determine how best to proceed, with GH to lead.
It was agreed that EL would approach Matthew Waters of Lovewell Blake regarding scrutiny of the accounts.
7. Motions from the floor:
GH handed around Appointment of Director forms for Trustees to fill in, to be returned to him and he will then fill in details on line.
The meeting concluded at 7.35 pm.